Friday, April 2, 2010

Back In The Day

I bought my first digital camera back in 1997.  It was a Kodak DC120.  It had a whopping one megapixel imaging chip, a 3X zoom lens, and took forever and a day to power up, shut down, and wait between shots.  I bought a 15 megabyte CF card to go with it.  I paid $999.00 for the camera and something over $200.00 for the CF card.  I actually sold a Leica M6 with a 50mm Summilux lens to bankroll this purchase.

It was essentially a point and shoot camera;  albeit with manual override.  Despite the fact that I was shooting my real world jobs with a Cambo 4x5, and a bunch of Hasselblads and Nikons, I thought it was as cool as anything I'd ever held in my hands.

I stumbled across what were some of the first pictures I ever shot with it recently in the course of reorganizing my archives.  Here are four of them.






No comments: